Mckeown Wood Flooring wants your floors to look beautiful for many years to come, taking care of your hardwood floors will help ensure that. Below are my tips for caring for your newly serviced flooring.
Following Floor Refinishing:
- Wait at least 24 hours to move furniture back. Be careful not to slide furniture along floor. We recommend using felt pads on the bottom of furniture.
- It takes 2 weeks for the finish to fully cure, longer if humidity is high. Do not use throw rugs or clean floor while it is curing. If something gets spilled on the floor, wipe up with a damp cloth.
Maintaining Your Wood Floors:
- Use throw rugs at doorways to help prevent debris from being tracked in and scratching the floor. For wood flooring in kitchen, use a throw rug under kitchen sink.
- Do not wet mop or steam mop a wood floor. Wipe up spills immediately with a damp cloth.
- Use a humidifier throughout the winter months to minimize gaps.
- Do not use vinyl or tile cleaning products on wood floors. Use only products specifically made for wood flooring. We recommend Bona floor cleaner.
Recommended Maintenance Schedule:
- Daily- Sweep or Dust Mop
- Weekly- Vacuum using the bare floor setting
- Monthly- Clean with recommended wood floor cleaner
- Every 3-5 years- Buff and coat
- Every few decades- Sand and refinish
We use Bona wood floor products on all refinishing projects we do, as it is high quality and GreenGuard certified. We offer Bona wood floor cleaning kits and Bona spray cleaner. Contact us if you’re interested in purchasing to help maintain your floors.